From the Archives at QuizMeme:
To join in this meme click *thisaway*
1) Where would you retire to? Unlike McScrooge, I'm not a quiet country settings kinda gal, so it would have to be private but not far from town as I feel safer around sound. I don't do summer I'm afraid, so it wouldn't be anywhere sunny.
2) What are your best physical features I don't honestly think I have any. My hair's the only thing about me that stands out. It's thick, strawberry blonde and you can see me a mile off because of it - but that doesn't really comply.
3) What are your best characteristics? I've been told that I'm patient and have a calming quality and able to deal with life problem solving, although that wasn't the case last Saturday when my painkillers got stuck in my throat and wouldn't shift!
4) What kind of books do you like to read? I really like forbidden love stories - especially if the shock factor is high. Nothing should stop the path of true love ( consenting adults x 2 may I say). A rather ikky example is The Thorn Birds. Seriously, though, the subject fascinates me even though it usually ends in tragedy.
5) What are you reading now? Choose Me by Kate Langdale. It's about a young lad trying to fit in with the right family after his drug-addled mum commited suicide. My daughter and son-in-law are in the process of adoption after James having testicular cancer when he was just 26. So the book's kind of fitting right now.
6) Where would you want to retire to? Still not changed my mind since No.1
7) What is your favorite time of the day? Bedtime!
8) Where did you grow up? On a council estate in a place called Langlees. Bit of a dive now, but I had a happy childhood there. Some really good stories and memories are attached to it. It broke my heart to have to move when I sixteen. I dream of my old house yet.
9) How far away from your birthplace do you live now? About 4 miles and 5 minutes in the car.
10) Are you a morning person or a night owl? An indoor night owl. I love having the house all to myself when everyone is in bed.
11) What inspires you? Music. I can get ideas for a book from just one song! I absolutely love Cirque De Soleil shows, too!
12) Can you close your eyes and raise your eyebrows? Easily.
13) Do you have pets? Yes. A beautiful white and black cat called Boaby. He scares the shit out of the rottweilers next door.
14) How many rings before you answer the phone Around 8-10 I'd say but I don't count.
15) What are some of the different jobs that you have had in your life? Fish and chip shop girl, sales assistant in a superstore, school dinner lady, seasonal garden centre hand, classroom assistant and ABE & AEE tutor more recently. I've another bowel operation coming up soon, so don't work right now. I hate the medication I'm on. It results in good and bad days.
16) Any new and exciting things that you would like to share? Iceland Freezer stores are selling a new Blueberry Crunch cornet (four for a pound) and they are effing beautiful!! Yup! That's how exciting my life is!
17) What is most important in life? Music, laughter and children.
18) Did you dream last night? I don't think so.
19) Do you remember your dreams? When they're of Simon Baker, yes. I try desperately to get back down to sleep sometimes! But I do have some bizarre ones that I can usually attribute to something I've done, said or watched. Apparently we forget 90% of our dreams 10mins after waking.