The Flintstones Theme
Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!
"Meet the Flintstones" (The Flintstones Theme)
Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.
To join in the Meme fun click *here*
1) The song promises that, "When you're with the Flintstones, you'll have a yabba-dabba-doo time." So clearly Wilma was one accomplished hostess. What about you? Do you enjoy having company? Outwith life celebrations (weddings, Xmas, birthdays, christenings ect) I prefer small gatherings. To be honest, I actually enjoy my own company and doing my own thing.
2) Since lyrics say, "Let's ride with the family down the street/courtesy of Fred's two feet," we're assuming the pedal-powered Flintstone car didn't require much gas. Are you loyal to a particular brand of gas? Or do you fill up with whatever is nearby, or least expensive? Not sure, I'll have to ask the bus driver.
3) Clearly a sharp-dressed man in stone-age Bedrock wore a long tunic and no pants. What are you wearing right now, as you answer these questions? Me jim-jams....and I managed to hog the bathroom before my son did!
4) Pebbles Flintstone grew up with Dino the Dinosaur and Baby Puss the Saber-Tooth Cat. Did you have any pets as you were growing up? Cats, dogs, hamsters, ferrets. Not always at the same time though.
5) Mr. Slate is Fred's blustery boss at quarry, and he frequently threatens to fire Fred. Have you ever had a bad-tempered boss? No. I wouldn't allow it!
6) It's estimated that during The Flintstones original run (1960-1966), it was viewed by as many adults as kids. Now that you're a grown up, do you still watch cartoons? Not so often, but Tom and Jerry will never age. Twatting each other with household items rather appealed to me as a child.
7) In 1961, The Flintstones was nominated for a Prime Time Emmy Award as Outstanding Comedy Series. Do you watch awards shows? I really just watch comedy awards and the Oscars sometimes.
8) There are at least two Flintstones-themed amusement parks currently in operation. Do you enjoy scary rides? Hell, no. I'm too jelly legged. I've trapped nerves in the back of my neck so sometimes go for a spin for free!
9) Flintstones Vitamins are still on store shelves. Do you take a vitamin each morning? Iron tablets occasionally, but I eat enough fruit and veg to keep the doctor happy!