Saturday, 5 April 2014
Saturday 9 (5th April)
Click the LINK HERE to join in the fun above!
Thanks to Sam for hosting the Meme's!
50 years ago this week, The Beatles made history with this song (hear it here). They became the first and only act in history to hold all 5 of the top slots in the Billboard Hot 100.
1) In this song, Beatle Paul offers to buy his girl a diamond ring. Do you wear rings? Only my wedding ring these days. I'm terribly green-fingered and have my hands in muck and water often!
2) This song was written by boyhood friends John Lennon and Paul McCartney, who went on to become the most successful songwriters of the 20th century. Tell us about your best friend from "the old neighborhood." Do you know where he or she is today Migi Morrison was my best friend back then. I hear she's a Mormon now.
3) The Ed Sullivan Theater, where the Beatles first performed to a mass American audience, is now the home of The Late Show with David Letterman. Do you have a favorite late night talk show? I enjoy The Graham Norton Show. He's an Irish comic genius, which makes for great interviews. I like a host that doesn't hold back.
4) In 1964, when this song became #1, one of top TV shows was My Favorite Martian. Do you believe in life on other planets? I doubt it. Technology is so advanced I think we'd have found out by now and it wouldn't be something you could cover up for long........my - listen to me - as if I really think it possible!!
5) In those days, homes had rotary dial phones, often affixed to the wall, with the receiver always tethered by a curly cord. Does your home still have a landline phone? I have ONLY a landline. Mobile phones have never been deemed a necessity by me and I've managed for a few years now without one. My health often keeps me house or garden bound so a landline's fine for now.
6) 1964 was the year GI Joe first appeared on toy shelves. Tell us about one of your favorite childhood toys. I adored my View-Master! I had loads and loads of 3D reels in all sorts of categories. My big brothers bought me new reels every Friday!
7) Ringo was the first Beatle to become a grandfather. His granddaughter, Tatia, is now a rock musician. If you were to follow your grandfather into his chosen profession, what would you be doing now? I would be a gamekeeper and/or river bailiff.
8) Paul McCartney admits he enjoys watching MasterChef. What show do you go out of your way to catch Judge Judy is my guilty pleasure! I rarely miss an episode. I am also very much into The Mentalist - Simon Baker gives me the hots and I particularly like his scruffy look!
9) The paparazzi has often caught Paul pedaling a bike around Martha's Vineyard. What's your favorite form of exercise? Walking. Especially under a winter sun. There's nothing I enjoy more than a hike when the air's crisp and cold!