Saturday 9 - Daddy's Little Man
Join in with the 9'rs here
Unfamiliar with this weeks' tune? Hear it there
1. This song is about a father and son sharing an afternoon visit. What are your plans this Saturday afternoon? Having a bit of a chilling day today. Probably catch up on my blogs' posts here and then make some home- made rice pudding with loads of nutmeg.
2. Do you have any ice cream in your freezer right now? I don't, actually. Never stays in the tub too long!
3. When was the last time you cursed? Today. This morning. Might manage a few more before bedtime - they just slip out! I do know my place, however. My mum-in-law was the only person I never cursed in front of.
4. Who is you favourite movie or TV father? A few may not know Rik Mayall but he's in a sitcom called Man Down, and plays a elderly father - Richard Davies - who antagonises and humiliates his teacher son constantly. In this clip he lends his son his suit for a function, then goes on to explain a little of it's history! Oh, boy! NOT for the easily offended.
5. When you take a trip, do you bring back souvenirs? Yes. Always. There's even a few around the room as I sit.
6. Who taught you to drive? I can't drive and really have no interest in doing so - for the sake of my nerves and public safety!
7. Would you rather receive a gift that someone chose for you, or the equivalent in cash or token? The gift - it really is all about the thought counting.
8. What's the last thing you cooked on the grill? Those shiny black things......aubergine's? But only to help someone out. It's The Cheaper Half that does most of the cooking.
9. When craving a snack do you prefer sweet or salty? Sweet. Praline and Cream ice cream sweet. Failing that - a Turkish Delight.
I'd like to add also that Sam's dad sounds a top bloke - my dad had a similar apron, too, and still picture him in it! And a huge Happy Father's Day to all dads and granddads within our families!