Friday 24 April 2015

Saturday 9 - Hawaii Five-0

Please join in the Saturday 9 fun via this quirky little link  ☼ ░ ☼





Hear The Ventures with the original Hawaii Five-O theme thisaway

 1. This is the theme from the TV show Hawii Five-0 that ran from 1968 to 1980 and is back again with a new cast.  Were you a fan?  Kind of.  I can remember the family getting together for a show.  

 2. Who is your favourite TV cop?  Well, he's not strictly a cop but a consultant for the FBI who's far better at solving cases than the cops. Simon Baker as The Mentalist. He's the only man that makes me feel like I've got ovaries again.

 3. If you'd followed one of your parents in their profession what would you be doing?   If I'd followed my father:  I'd be a game keeper and butcher.   If I'd followed my mother:  I'd be seeing how many lives I could make a bloody misery.

 4. Have any of our 44 Presidents hailed from your state?  It would be some commuting if one of them had.  But I will be the first one at the polls to vote out our present Prime Minister.

 5. Are you a big coffee drinker?  No.  I'm not a coffee drinker although I sometimes have a very weak latte if I meet my wee sis for a coffee house catch up!

 6. Morton Stevens was the musical director for the entertaining Rat Pack. Can you remember ANY of the members?  I could lie and google it, but the one's I remember (hopefully) are:  Dean Martin * Frank Sinatra * Sammy Davis Jnr  but I'm lost on the last bloke.

 7.  The Ventures came about after Don Wilson bought a used car from Bob Bogle (cracking name bw)  Is your current ride new or used and how did the negotiations go?   I can't drive just direct, but I leave all that kinda stuff to The Cheaper Half.  

 8.  Do you shop at the Gap or gap.com?  Never.  As much as I admire my daughter's buys I'm more your buy-five-elsewhere-for-the-price-of-Gap. 

 9. What's on your Saturday to do list?  Apart from visiting back here tomorrow,  I'm having a free day while the guys are at footie to catch up on some Sky Arts shows I've recorded.  The housework can go shove itself!

***********************************************

10 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

If you're watching footy, does that mean you're in Australia? I almost sorta learned the rule of that game when I was there!

Geo. said...

Never seen "Mentalist". Would like to but now I'm scared of getting ovaries. Please advise.

Smellyann said...

HAHAHAHA at Geo.'s comment, above!!

Nice to meet you!

I'm American and still know the same Rat Pack members as you do. :D

Have a good weekend!

The Gal Herself said...

"He's the only man that makes me feel like I've got ovaries again." Love it! Have you ever seen LA Confidential? Simon's first movie role. So young! Like a little puppy dog.

Jodi said...

I have never seen the Mentalist, but have it on my "list to watch" when I get the time. Have a great Saturday!

Kwizgiver said...

I knew the same Rat Packers.

CountryDew said...

I like your last line. Housework? Blah!

Helena said...

Bev - I'm from Scotland and should have used 'soccer' instead.

Geo - lol....it's more turning you gay I'd be worried about! It'd only 'feel' as if you were getting any!

Smelly - the joke kinda goes that following a full hysterectomy at twenty-nine, my ovaries were a goner but the mere sight of him now and I'm up for making babies with him (in which I'd need ovaries)....lol.....Geo's a wonderfully witty man... you should follow his blogs yourself! ☺☻☺

TGH - I have heard of the movie but no idea it was him! I certainly will be watching that now, if you promise to watch either 'Sex and Death 101', or the recent film 'I Give It A Year'. Thanks for the heads up!

Jodi - that's my gal. You won't be disappointed.

Kwizgiver - that last one evaded me, too!

Country Dew - yeah, sod it. It can wait......

Sandee said...

I've never heard of the Mentalist either. I'll have to take a look.

Have a fabulous day. ☺

bridal sets near me said...

I can't drive just direct, but I leave all that kinda stuff to The Cheaper Half.
grinch sheets ,
fresh sheets ,