Saturday 5 February 2011

Sidebar Saturdays Stop

My head bulb illuminated (being extra careful not to catch hold of the dried straw mop on top) today to the strength of 40watts, and I gave this idea a bit of an airing.  One can only try, can't one...?

One of my regular reads is a lovely young student (whose link I'll leave at the bottom of this post) called Sam. I was first attracted to her blog because of  its layout. It was zappy and happy, with the odd word increased in size, font changed and /or coloured. It was a bonus to discover that her manner and writing flowed creatively and honestly, and her sense of humour tickled me.

A few posts ago, she mentioned that not enough time is spent perusing each others' sidebars  - and that is often the case with popular poetry and literacy groups and challenges, where a lot of reading and commenting goes on - and that's a shame. Both of us agreed that by simply taking in sidebar surroundings, this contributes to defining one's character traits. Often there's more mannerisms and little quirks you share than you'd imagine. Songs, pictures, certain application, headers, video clips ect. Sometimes, it's okay to judge a book by its cover. Of course, there is always Blogger profile 'films, interests and music' to use for thorough search through if you've the time.

So, on some future Saturdays, I'll be highlighting a blog (on my blogroll or not). I'll say what gives it the thumbs up and leave a link, too.  You'd be amazed at what you come across with a little surround search. So, for her zany pictures alone, Sam is this week's Sidebar Saturday Stop!

http://lifeofscumbagsam.blogspot.com/

ps........wait til you see what Wowful, Woeful Wednesdays is about!

No comments: