Saturday 3 May 2014

Saturday 9 - Blues In The Night

 

                              Join in the fun with a quick click here-a-bouts

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!



Saturday 9: Blues in the Night (1952)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Was last night a good night for you? Or were you singing the blues?  Just an average evening - me and the television keeping each other company.

2) In this song, Rosemary Clooney sings about hearing "big talk" she didn't quite believe. What's the last fib, tall tale or out and out lie you heard?  From my hubby promising that he'll begin creosoting the garden fence  next  weekend.  Best roll my own sleeves up, then!

3) Rosemary Clooney has a well-known nephew -- George, the Oscar winner and frequent People magazine cover story. Do you have any nieces or nephews I certainly do.  Seven nephews, four nieces and from those, two great nephews and two great nieces!

4) Ms. Clooney married the same man twice. They married, had five children and divorced. Then three years later, they tried again ... and divorced again. Have you ever been tempted to give it another try with one of your former loves?  Nah.  My second marriage has lasted 25 years and counting but I'm still under the hope that Simon Baker will one day leave his wife for me.....*sigh*

5) Singers as diverse as Linda Ronstadt, Bette Midler and Amy Winehouse have said they admired and were influenced by Rosemary Clooney. If you could meet any artist (singer, writer, actor, director, painter, musician ...), who would it be?

  I have been lucky enough to have met him!  Brett Anderson of British band Suede.  I once played a charity busk for 24hrs solid in my twin sister's pub-restaurant performing my favourite bands' songs. It was in honour of my friend's little girl who had suffered a brain tumour at four, and for the Clic Sargent children's charity. Anyhow - the band got sniff of the busk and invited me to meet them at their next Scottish gig.  I spent time with them in their changing room and also had a song dedicated to me.



 
6) 1952, the year this record was a hit, is also the year the "Big Bang Theory" was introduced by physicists Ralph Alpher and George Gamow. That is too lofty a topic for this humble meme, so instead we'll just ask: Do you watch the TV show of the same name?  I do from time to time, particularly like when the Indian chap talks to his parents via the laptop.  They're so funny.

7) Sam Winters just broke her right thumbnail. While she won't go so far as saying it has her singing the blues, she must admit it bugs her. What little annoyances are you dealing with today?  I'm waiting on my son dropping off his little Jackahuahua any minute now, as he flies off to Portugal tomorrow.  This wee dog has the face of an angel and nature of a tyrannosaurus rex.  It'll be the longest week of my life!
 
8) The house next door to Sam's has a FOR SALE on the lawn. Are you contemplating a move?  I've been in this house 25 years now and I'm going nowhere fast!

9) What's your search engine of choice: Google, Bing, Yahoo or Ask?  One of the most repetitive questions I ask is  "Do you want me to GOOGLE that?" 



***********************************************************************

3 comments:

The Gal Herself said...

Your son is lucky you're so willing to care for his little dog. Enjoy your week of dogsitting!

Unknown said...

That's a cool pic! Do you remember which song they dedicated to you? And I didn't know George's aunt could sing so well.

In the Company of Me said...

I love your description of your son's dog!